Code of Conduct for Teaching Staff
• Every faculty member should work within the institutional policies and practices so as
to satisfy the vision and mission of the college.
• Code of Conduct for teaching is mainly governed by the Department of Higher Education ,Panchkula Acts,
Statutes, Ordinances and Service Rules.
• All faculty members should prepare a lesson/teaching plan, well in advance before
commencement of the classes.
• During the period of service, all members of the teaching staff shall employ themselves
honestly and efficiently under the Principalship of the Head of the Institution.
• No member of the staff shall engage in any political activity within the college campus.
• All the members of the teaching staff must be punctual for classes and should adhere to
the timings scheduled for other activities and events.
• All members of staff, both teaching and non-teaching must sign regularly in the
attendance register which is to be maintained by the head of the institution.
• The duties assigned to teachers consist of lectures/ practical/ tutorials in the allocated
workload of the individual teacher. In addition, they have to undertake responsibilities
of conducting evaluation and invigilation, administrative work, providing counsel to
students and participating in extra-curricular activities and institutional support
activities as required.
• The working hours of the teaching staff shall be according to the prescribed time table
and any other additional duty assigned to them.
• Mentor-Mentee System must be followed by every teacher and the teachers should take
proper care of their group of students by guiding, motivating, counseling and
• Every faculty member shall deal impartially with students regardless of their religion,
caste, economic, social and physical identity.
• No faculty members shall act in any manner that violates the decorum or morality
within the campus.
• Refrain from undertaking any other employment and commitment including private
tuitions and coaching classes which are likely to interfere with their professional